The Developing Organisations project aims to offer improved and more consistent organisational
development support to voluntary organisations delivered by, and accessible through, Third Sector Interfaces.
Network Consultancy Service
West Dunbartonshire CVS have been selected to operate the contract for the SVA programme to provide the Network Consultancy Service (NCS) for the TSI network.
|Start Date:||1st September 2011|
|End Date:||31st March 2012|
|Phone:||0141 941 0886|
Organisational Diagnostic Health Check ‘Advice Check’
A comprehensive diagnostic health check for organisations which helps identify support needs and levels of intervention.
The system comprises twelve advice checklist cards spanning the key areas of enquiry in the areas of:
1. Charitable Recognition (CR) – resources for all stages of the journey to charitable recognition.
2. Committee Development (CD) – resources designed to help assist the development of better governance in organisations of all sizes and structures.
3. Community Auditing & Research (CA) – resources to help facilitate improved community profiling and promote better grassroots action.
4. Constitutions (CN) – resources to help write, explain and support a range of different constitutional and governance frameworks across the local sector.
5. Financial Management (FM) – resources to improve knowledge and practice from cash handling to VAT liabilities.
6. Funding & Project Development (FP) – resources to help organisations manage their income spanning direct fundraising to tendering and contracts.
7. Health & Safety (HS) – resources to assist organisations to meet their core health and safety duties.
8. Human Resources (Recruitment & Management) (HR) – resources and template documents to support organisations of all sizes meet their employer responsibilities effectively.
9. Meetings (Governance) (MG) – resources improving meeting practice for organisations of all sizes and structures.
10. Monitoring & Evaluation (ME) – resources to assist organisations identify and use review and quality tools and resources to better advantage.
11. Protection Responsibilities (PR) – resources to help guide organisations through their core legislative responsibilities.
12. Volunteering (VG) – resources to improve and support the introduction and development of volunteers across engaging organisations.
Service Delivery Skills Framework ‘Skills Framework’
A workforce development tool using fifteen key service delivery headings allowing organisations to appraise staff skill levels.
1. Organisation Development Support Services – interface staff performance descriptors and indicators covering aspects of support giving, resource management and project planning
3. Research Support Services – interface staff performance descriptors and indicators covering research design, delivery and reporting
4. Training & Development Support – interface staff performance descriptors and indicators covering system design and delivery
5. Partnership Working – interface staff performance descriptors and indicators covering the principles and practice of effective partnership engagements
6. Quality Management Support – interface staff performance descriptors and indicators covering the area of quality management – its aims, techniques and tools
7. Financial Management Services – interface staff performance descriptors and indicators covering all aspects of financial policy, procedures and control
8. Funding Support Services – interface staff performance descriptors and indicators covering all aspects of income generation application and strategy
9. Governance Advice Services – interface staff performance descriptors and indicators covering mission development, strategic working and trustee support provision
10. Youth Development and Engagement Activities – interface staff performance descriptors and indicators covering the effective planning and engagement of youth focussed service provision
11. Working with Individuals and Groups – interface staff performance descriptors and indicators covering staff interaction skills with a range of interface stakeholders, promoting engagement and empowerment
12. Volunteering Development Support – interface staff performance descriptors and indicators covering a range of internal and external specific volunteering development activities
13. Supporting & Supervising Volunteers Support – interface staff performance descriptors and indicators covering the range of direct support and supervision activities accessible to volunteer supervisors and managers
14. Volunteer Recruitment Support – interface staff performance descriptors and indicators covering a range of both direct and indirect support services supporting volunteer promotion and recruitment across a range of partners
15. Consultation & Representation Services – interface staff performance descriptors and indicators covering a range of sector consultation, representation and feedback activities
One-to-One Training Programme ‘Advice Check & Skills Framework’
Each session will involve an overview of the systems, together with a practical one to one support and provide follow up telephone support. Training in the ‘Advice Check’ system will be open to Third Sector Interface staff while the ‘Skills Framework’ tool sessions are targeted at Managers and Team Leaders.
West Dunbartonshire CVS is the lead organisation and contract holder for these three products.
Start date: 1st April 2010
End date : 30th June 2011 (discussions ongoing re extension to contract)
Email: Selina Ross
Phone: 0141 941 0886.
Common Resource Base (Skye & Lochalsh CVO – Community Toolkit)
An online directory of quality tools and resources to support the delivery of organisational development.
This resource has been developed for and with the help of community groups to help improve skills and knowledge and bring benefits to local communities. There are guidelines on a range of topics, including setting up and running a community group, legal requirements and good practice, planning and fundraising for a particular project and where to obtain useful statistical data on the local area.
Skye & Lochalsh CVO is the lead organiation and contract holder for this product.
Start Date: 1st October 2010
End date: 31st March 2012
Email: Michelle Seviour
Phone: 01478 612921
Developing Organisations Participation
Participation in the Developing Organisations project can be seen by viewing the SVA Participation Map in our information library. Here you can see who participated in the integration of the Skye & Lochalsh CVO Community Toolkit as the Common Resource Base and the training programme of the Advice Check and Skills Framework from West Dunbartonshire CVS to date.
Up to date information on Developing Organisations events and training is available on the SVA Calendar.
If you require any further information on the Developing Organisation project please email email@example.com.